Thursday, May 8, 2008

Politician's potty statistics

A dangerous post, what do I know about pot? Or at least what can I admit to knowing about pot! I read in today's news that our government state pot can be lethal? To who, when and where? According to which US Government authority you want to believe, the lethal dose of marijuana is either about one-third your body weight, or about 1,500 pounds, consumed all at once". If our government claim that can be lethal how can they direct the NHS?

They say that pot causes psychosis. As I understand the risk, it is a 1 in 5,000 chance for men, and a 1 in 20,000 chance for women. Compare that to a 1 in 2 chance of a breast cancer sufferer dying from that cancer within 15 years, when the government claim they have a cure.....

Again I despair of politicians. I liked this blog post.

The importance of this post is not to discuss pot, but to show why I question government statements. They would have one believe that our NHS have cancer all in hand, Jan is cured, there is no need to look for better cures or treatment. If one does not look one will not find. Without something better there is a 50:50 chance Jan will be dead in 15 years from her cancer....I believe God has led us to better than that.

No comments: