Sunday, February 24, 2008

Christ shares our sorrows

Convinced of the benefit of shared physical exercise we take a break out for coffee overlooking Felixstowe container port. It spits rain so we do not walk and do not get any benefit from physical exercise.

As it is the time of Lent I read about Christ's betrayal by Judas. Jesus can sympathise with all our weaknesses. Because of his love for us he went through so much for us, even betrayal by all his friends and disciples. I think of my own fear for the future, and realise that Jesus would have lived all his 33 years with his planned crucifiction in sight.

I am so helped by Jan's input as we talk about this. I believe God uses her weaknesses and suffering to enable us to more clearly see Christ and make Christ known.

I relate how God has provided for us. There are about 100 instances in the last year or so where God had encouraged us. Yet I am still shaken. Jan cries for first time at 18:30. I go to bed shaking and don't want to eat.

No comments: