Sunday, February 24, 2008

Count your blessings

We visit a local lady who gives us a poem she has written for us entitled "Trust" based on Proverbs chapter 3 verses 5 and 6.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

What an encouragement she is! We pray with her for her forthcoming talks she is about to give to two homes for the elderly.

We get exercise by taking a walk in the afternoon to the local ferry. It is very windy, Jan acted like a child hiding behind me to shelter from wind. Our youthful playfulness and love is coming back. I joke about asking the deacons to lay hands on her breast, It has us both laughing, the best laughter we have had for 10 years.

Jan had been encouraged by singing to herself the Christian song or chorus
"Count your blessings, name them one by one
and you'll find it amazing what the Lord has done"

I thought about the claim I had made yesterday that there were about 100 instances in the last year or so where God had encouraged us. I go to my study, and list them on a spreadsheet. I get to 102. How great God is in providing for us. Yet I still cry frequently and can hardly eat.

No comments: